OCRI Partnered Event
Monday November 1, 2010 - Halifax
Wednesday November 3, 2010 - Ottawa
Task Management: a New Model of Management for Websites
World-renowned Web Content and Usability Expert
Self-service is the most cost-effective way to allow customers and employees to complete top tasks—but only if it works. If you manage or design a website or intranet, knowing the needs of your customers (or employees) is essential for success. But every customer is a stranger to you - you don't know them and you can't see them - so how can you understand what they need?
This Masterclass will give you the techniques for identifying and professionally managing these tasks. It will help you to understand and empathize with your website visitors and to deliver what they want. Packed with practical information and essential advice on web site management, including case studies from Microsoft, Cisco, the US Internal Revenue Services and many others, the Masterclass will help you to maximize your organization's performance online.
What you will learn:
- Cutting edge techniques for identifying and managing your customers top tasks. These techniques have been used by organizations such as Microsoft, Cisco, Tetra Pak, Schlumberger, Wells Fargo, HSBC, Rolls-Royce, US Internal Revenue Service, DEFRA, UK Ministry of Justice, etc.;
- How to manage the competing demands of different organizational stakeholders and their views on what the website should look and feel like; and
- How to persuade senior managers that your website is a core business asset, and that it needs the same level of commitment and investment as any other major asset.
See some 1-minute video clips of Gerry McGovern.
Who is this Masterclass for?
This Masterclass is for those who want to achieve maximum return on investment in their website. Specifically, this Masterclass will be most useful for:
- Marketing, Communications and IM/IT professionals;
- People who are involved in designing, creating, editing and publishing content on the Web;
- Technical professionals who want to better understand the content/customer side of Web strategy;
- Managers responsible for commercial or government websites and intranets; and
All attendees will get a free copy of Gerry McGovern’s latest book, The Stranger’s Long Neck: How to Deliver What Your Customers Really Want Online
For the complete agenda please click here.
This series is brought to you by
Follow the conversation on Twitter #masterclass2010.
Halifax - Monday November 1, 2010
Register Online / Register by Fax / Add to Outlook
Ottawa - Wednesday November 3, 2010
Register Online / Register by Fax / Add to Outlook / Event Calendar / Become a Member
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Masterclass (includes lunch)
Halifax - Four Points by Sheraton, Navigator East Room, 1496 Hollis St.
Ottawa - Canada Science and Technology Museum, Auditorium, 1867 St Laurent Blvd.
Early Registration (received by OCRI no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday October 15, 2010)
$480.00 - OCRI Members and Promotional Partners (plus HST)
$560.00 - Non-Member (plus HST)
$560.00 - OCRI Members (plus HST)
$660.00 - Non Member (plus HST)
Additional Early Registration SPECIAL: Group Rate
- Buy 3 registrations, receive the 4th FREE!
- For large group discounts, please contact the OCRI Registrar
- This offer available only until FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2010. Free registration applies to the lowest priced registrant - member or non-member.
- To take part in this special rate ALL group registrations must be submitted together
- If you are planning to send your team, you may want to take advantage of this special group rate. Available for both member and non-member registrations.
To make a reservation contact:
613-828-6274 ext. 224
Only cancellations received in writing by email or fax to 613-726-3444 after WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27, 2010 will be subject to a service charge of $100.00. Substitutions are permitted and notification prior to the event date is appreciated.
Please note that you will be added to the OCRI distribution list by registering for this event. If you would like to be removed from the OCRI distribution lists, please reply and indicate "remove ALL" in subject line.
To have your name removed from this list only please reply with the word "remove" in the subject line. Please allow 3-4 days for data to be updated.
To receive other event notices of interest, modify your OCRI profile
OCRI 200- 2625 Queensview Dr., Ottawa, ON K2B 8K2