Hosted by Rob Myers of Collegio
Dates: Sept 8th - Sept 23rd
Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-11am
Where: Online, Zoom
The retail cost of this program is $2,450 +HST.
**Eligible DNS Members can access WIPSI funding through DNS to cover 50-100% of the cost of this program. Please check our programs page to read more about funding eligibility and how to apply.
Master leading-edge skills in web development with a React Bootcamp designed for developers by developers. Combining theory and application, participants will gain the core knowledge required to understand the React framework and begin building and testing their own robust web apps in React.
This is a hands-on, fully virtual learning program that uses an established boot camp model to provide high-end coding skills for beginner to intermediate developers.
In 6 sessions over 3-weeks, this course will cover:
- How to build, maintain and launch real-world web applications.
- Understanding the React framework and how to set up the proper environment for coding.
- Component Events and Attributes.
- Routing with React-router.
- Sharing state and data with Redux.
- Accessing third-party components and APIs.
This course is designed for:
- Front-end developers looking to upgrade their skills.
- Developers who are deciding which framework to use for coding an interface.
Online Course Schedule:
Tuesday, Sep 7th
Module 1: React Introduction & Setting Up Your Environment
Thursday, Sep 9th
Module 2: React Components and Basics
Tuesday, Sep 14th
Module 3: Component Events and Attributes
Thursday, Sep 16th
Module 4: Routing with React-router
Tuesday, Sep 21
Module 5: Sharing state and data with Redux
Thursday, Sep 23rd
Module 6: Accessing third-party components and APIs
Video Lessons (Self-Directed Study)
In addition to video lessons for all of the above modules, we also supply video lessons for the following:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Webpack
- Lesson 2: Styling React
- Lesson 3: Redux
- Lesson 4: Testing and Troubleshooting your App
- Lesson 5: Introduction to ES6
- Live Streaming: Deploying your App for the World to See
About the Instructor:
Robert Myers - Lead Instructor & Co-founder, Collegio Technologies Inc.
Rob has over 17 years of web development experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science from Dalhousie University. He has worked in several startup environments, requiring a high level of complex problem solving and adaptation to new technologies and programming languages. Rob has also taught coding as the Program Manager for the UIT Startup Immersion program, developing and delivering course content to new and intermediate developers, many of whom have gone on to work in the tech sector.