The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) are currently recruiting companies to participate in a multi-sector trade mission to the Caribbean.
The trade mission will be based out of Barbados with potential side trips to neighbouring markets including: Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, St Lucia and other OECS countries.
The Caribbean market (CARICOM) represents $1.8 billion dollars CDN in two-way trade in products and services with Canada (EDC, 2008). This provides significant opportunities for Nova Scotia service exporters in the education/training, engineering, environmental, manufacturing, food processing, consumer products and other sectors.
As a delegate on the trade mission, you will receive:
• A half-day cultural and business training session prior to the mission;
• One-on-one business meetings tailored to your business goals;
• Ground transportation to and from your business meetings;
• High level networking events to assist you in entry or expansion in the Caribbean market including an invitation to a networking reception in Barbados hosted by the Nova Scotia delegation; and
• Individual post-mission mentoring upon return to Nova Scotia.
Participants are responsible for the cost of roundtrip airfare including air travel between islands, accommodations, and meals.
Space is limited. To register, download the application form, fill out and return to Natasha at email@example.com by Tuesday, April 6, 2010.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities in the Caribbean before deciding upon participating in the mission, a Doing Business in the Caribbean information session will be held on Monday, March 29th from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at ACOA, 5th floor (1801 Hollis Street, Halifax)
The session will be led by EduNova and Mr. Stewart Hattie - a business development consultant with extensive experience in export development to the Caribbean. The half-day session will focus on export opportunities in the Caribbean for NS companies, the steps involved in successful exporting to the Caribbean and upcoming trade missions to the market.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 26