Business 101 Series
Digital Media Tax Credit Workshop
May 12, 2010 8:30AM - 10:00AM
McInnes Cooper - MP Room
Purdy's Wharf Tower II1300-1969 Upper Water Street
& By Video Conference at NSCC Middleton
The Digital Media Tax Credit program was created as a provincial tax incentive program to encourage Companies of all sizes to develop interactive digital media products. Claimants are able to apply for tax credits for expenditures such as salaries and wages, eligible remuneration, marketing and distribution of the product. The program is one of the most generous of its kind across all Canadian provinces.
In this workshop, you will learn the following
· What is the Digital Media Tax Credit?
· Who is eligible?
· How much is the tax credit?
· What types of expenditure qualify for the DMTC
· How to increase tax credits by geographical location
· How the application process works
· The types of supporting documents required
· How long will it take to receive the tax credit
· What are the benefits of utilizing the DMTC program
Deloitte’s professional team across various provinces has serviced companies of all sizes to deliver hundreds of thousands worth of claims in tax refunds. Deloitte’s presenters will consist of a Senior Manager from Ontario, Oscar Cheng, CGA along with a Senior Tax Analyst from Halifax, Brendan Horning, CA. Deloitte has an reliable reputation with the Canada Revenue Agency and is a recognized leader in providing professional services to companies of all sizes from across the world.
Coffee/tea/juices/pastries will be provided.
1301-1809 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS B3J 3K8