Creativity and effective ideation – it sounds amazing, but what does it actually mean?
It means embracing the brilliance of your team.
Companies like Google and Facebook are leading the way when it comes to harnessing employee creativity to grow, evolve and advance their business. By using creativity techniques, playfulness, and good facilitation in everyday meetings, ANY team can increase their creativity, lead effective brainstorming sessions, and push the envelope with truly innovative solutions.
However, planning and facilitating ideation sessions is not always easy. We’ve all been in those meetings - where the team felt stuck, where ideas were criticized quickly, introverts did not speak up, and old ideas kept getting recycled. During this workshop, you will learn effective steps and techniques to avoid these common stumbling blocks while disrupting old thinking patterns and tapping into your team’s collective genius.
At the end of this training, participants will:
- be able to use creativity techniques, playfulness and effective brainstorming methods to increase their team’s ability to turn new and imaginative solutions into reality
- have a toolkit of creativity techniques and ideation processes that are effective, easy to apply and useful in a variety of situations
- be able to plan and facilitate engaging, energizing and effective group sessions that maximize participation and engagement from their company’s greatest asset – its people
- have the opportunity to practice these skills in their workplace, receive further feedback during a follow-up check-in session, and reflect on their learning
- be able to apply these skills in everyday situations to help build a culture of creativity and innovation in their organization
Training Times & Layout:
May 16, 9am – 3:30pm - Training Day
June 15, 1pm - 3pm - Check-in & Feedback Session
We can’t just talk about creativity and play without showing you how it’s done! Be prepared for an engaging workshop with breakout groups, hands-on experiences and feedback chats in May, followed by a check-in four weeks later.
“Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.” - Albert Einstein
DNS Members: $118 per participant - or - $228 for a team of 3 co-workers (+HST)
Non-Members: $598 per participant (+HST)
*Lunch, snacks and coffee will be provided.
Still on the fence? A recent survey by Microsoft Canada and Ipsos Canada of 500 Canadian business decision makers found that 88% said empowering staff to be there most creative selves was a crucial factor in creating a prosperous work environment. Numbers don’t lie! Embrace creativity. Encourage Play. Drive innovation.
Anne Stieger has worked as a facilitator and trainer in Nova Scotia and Europe. She has a passion for creative & efficient processes, artistic approaches and deep play. She has facilitated Design Thinking sessions for social innovation, helped countless projects get off the ground by facilitating creative brainstorming sessions for them at Cool Ideas Society Germany, and trained facilitators for the organization.
Anne has been running a successful facilitation and training business out of Wolfville, Nova Scotia for three years and teaches Facilitation as well as Community Development through the Arts at Acadia University. Anne's teaching practice is informed by an MA of Education and years of experience in adult education as a teacher trainer, University teacher and self-employed trainer and facilitator. As a life-long learner, she has taken additional trainings in Dynamic Governance, Appreciative Inquiry and Art of Hosting, and Design Thinking. Anne grew up in Germany and now lives in Wolfville, Nova Scotia with her fiancé, where she spends her free time organizing Skill-Sharing events in the community.