In Times Like These… Whoever Gets Closer to the Customer Wins
The world changed overnight and now you’re scrambling to adapt. You need to recoup lost revenue, find new distribution channels, and stay top-of-mind with customers.
Do you know what really makes your customers tick, click, and buy? If not, you’re in trouble. When you’re not 100% clear about who your best customers are or what motivates them to buy, it’s not just frustrating for you or your team—it’s a massive time suck.
You can spend weeks doing market research, but you won’t find all the answers you need. If you want to understand why customers buy products like yours—the ‘real’ why—you need to ask them.
Trigger Technique is a hands-on training program for leaders, marketers and sales teams. You’ll learn how to master one of the most powerful yet under-utilized skills in the marketer’s toolkit: 1:1 buyer interviews.
When done *the right way* (read: with less bias or awkwardness), 1:1 interviews are pure magic...
- You’ll quickly discover which customer segments to prioritize
- You’ll identify new channels to get in front of prospects sooner
- You’ll have the rich insights needed to craft high-converting campaigns and offers
- You’ll unearth new opportunities for innovation and growth
This hands-on workshop will introduce participants to “jobs to be done” (or JTBD)—a path-breaking growth framework being used by many of the world’s fastest-growing companies.
You’ll learn how to use 1:1 customer interviews to discover why people ‘really’ buy. Better yet? You’ll get hands-on help conducting interviews and extracting insights you can action immediately.
What to Expect
- A 3-hour group workshop where teams are introduced to JTBD theory and get hands-on practice conducting 1:1 interviews - May 21, 2020 @ 9m-12pm
- A private, guided training session where we will interview 3-4 customers and extract actionable insights - sessions will be booked based on customer availability
- A 3-hour group workshop where teams will brainstorm how to action insights gathered from discovery interviews in their marketing - June 25, 2020 @ 9m-12pm
- Participants will also receive access to additional online training materials. This ensures that what’s learned is easily transferred to other key team members.
Who It's For
This program is designed for leaders, marketers, and salespeople who need to quickly understand what triggers customers to search for, buy, and love products like theirs.
Teams who do regular audience research are 466% more successful, yet 65% don’t do it. A little upfront work will empower your team to get marketing results worth bragging about.
You must meet all eligibility requirements to take part of in this opportunity. If you are not a DNS member, you can still apply! Once you receive confirmation of your acceptance into the program, you must please register as a member.
Please note, this program has been fully funded through Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI), and will be provided FREE for DNS members with less than 50 employees. If your company has more than 50 employees, 50% of program costs will be funded..
Facilitated by Katelyn Bourgoin
Katelyn Bourgoin is a 4X founder turned growth strategist and trainer. Her specialty is helping marketers and product teams figure out what triggers customers to buy so they can market smarter.With operational experience spanning the marketing, tech, and hospitality sectors, Katelyn has been named as an influential entrepreneur by Forbes magazine and featured in Inc., HuffPost, Bustle, CBC, CTV, Global TV, USA Today, and more. Katelyn is recognized as one of the "top 20 wonder women of SaaS marketing and growth” by SaaStock. Katelyn’ s past clients include high-growth tech startups, SMBs, business support organizations, and Fortune 500 companies like Target and Holiday Inn.
Today Katelyn helps frustrated marketers, founders and salespeople to focus on what really matters—their customers. After all, whoever gets closer to the customer wins.