PMI-ACP (Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner) Certification Program
Hosted by Brenda Fay of BrenDaniel Productions
Dates: April 14th - June 16th
Time: Wednesdays, 1pm -3pm
Where: Online, Zoom
This program is valued at $2,150 +HST. This includes:
- 10, 2hr training sessions
- a study guide
- a workbook
- the test manual
- one year of PMI membership
- the PMI_ACP exam fee.
**Eligible DNS Members can access WIPSI funding through DNS to cover 50-100% of the cost of this program. Please check our programs page to read more about funding eligibility and how to apply.
This program is designed to prepare participants for the Project Management Institute’s Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) exam. Along the way, participants will discuss and extensively review aspects of Agile delivery. With this knowledge, individuals will be more equipped to work with Agile projects and product delivery for their organizations. This program includes 25 hours of training; ten 2-hour online classes followed by ten 30- minute test review and discussion sessions. Participants will have the ability to contact the facilitator during and after the program, so they may discuss any Agile topics in preparation for the exam.
Participants are required to attend at least 90% of the total 25 hours to get credit for the educational hours as required by PMI for the certification. The program includes all materials, training and support required to pass the PMI-ACP exam. When a participant completes the training (as per the Course Outline), one year of PMI membership and the PMI-ACP exam fees will be submitted and paid. The PMI-ACP exam is required to be written within one year of the program start date. The course follows the Exam Content Outline from PMI for the PMI-ACP.
Why get your PMI-ACP certification?
Agile is the upcoming and current way of product and project delivery. According to PMI’s Pulse of the Profession 2018, 46% of surveyed organizations have used an Agile or hybrid Agile approach over the last 12 months. Knowing how to be Agile and proving your knowledge is critical to success in the future.
Agile is the recognized way to organize product delivery in the software development world. If you work with projects which use Agile principles, whether you use Scrum or another framework, having this certification gives you and your organization confidence in its Agile project and product delivery.
The Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification formalizes the recognition of the value of Agile delivery in the project management world. This certification is granted by the international Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Obtain an Internationally Recognized Certification
The PMI-ACP is internationally recognized. This certification focuses on knowledge that includes various frameworks and techniques and puts it all together in an understandable whole.
Along with having the knowledge to confidently pass the exam, this program provides a discussion base for concretely applying Agile successfully at work.
Requirements to Take this Course / Write the PMI-ACP Exam:
PMI has designated requirements which individuals must meet to qualify to write the PMI-ACP exam. You must have:
- A high school diploma
- 21 contact hours of training in Agile practices (which this program provides)
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. If you currently have your PMP® or PgMP®, this requirement is covered
- 8 months of Agile project experience within the last 3 years. (Have a look at projects that have been run in an iterative and incremental manner.)
Online Course Schedule:
Each Class session is 2 hours long and will be followed by a half-an-hour Test Discussion (TD) session. All sessions are held online through Zoom.
- Class 1: Course Introduction and Overview of Topics
- Class 2: Agile Principles and Mindset
- Class 3: Value-driven Delivery
- Class 4: Stakeholder Engagement
- Class 5: Team Performance
- Class 6: Adaptive Planning 1
- Class 7: Adaptive Planning 2
- Class 8: Problem Detection and Resolution
- Class 9: Continuous Improvement (Process, Product, People)
- Class 10: Review and Wrap-up
All participants will receive:
- The Examination Content Outline
- The Agile Practice Guide
- Agile tests
- A Certificate of Completion
- Support for the completion of their PMI-ACP examination application
- An Action Plan for achieving this certification
- Ongoing support until they pass their PMI-ACP examination
About the Instructor:
Brenda Fay, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Brenda assists individuals and organizations in bettering their projects and has been delighted to do so for over twenty years. She is an enthusiastic agilist and experienced facilitator. Her certifications include the PMP, PMI-ACP and CSM (Certified Scrum Master).
Brenda is President and Co-owner of BrenDaniel Productions Corp. Her company provides workshops and consulting support worldwide, and has guided organizations in Canada, China, the United States, Germany, Switzerland, Africa and more.